22.05.1944 letter with contents from Kamenica na Dunavu to a sergeant serving with Fp.43370 B or Truppenübungsplatz Kommandantur Slavonski Brod. Usual German censorship marks are on the front and on the back of the cover, and typical German censorship marks are also on the contents paper.
Truppenübungsplatz Slavonski Brod was formed by the Wehrmacht in April-May 1943 (Military training ground Sl.Brod or Četno vježbalište Brod in Croatian). It was located in Vučjak, 14 km south of Brod na Savi. Its main purpose was to train NCOs (Unteroffizire, Dočasnici) for Jager Brigades (Lovački Zdrugovi) of Domobranstvo. Domobran units included in the Truppen Ubungsplatz formation were Školska bojna Brod (Lehrbatallion Brod) with HQ company, 2 rifle companies, an MG company, and one artillery company with a total of 700 recruits to be trained for NCOs. One battery of field howitzers was formed from 3.bitnica VIII. topnički sklop(3.battery of VIII artillery battalion). A half-battery of mountain guns was formed from gorski vod of VII.topnički sklop(mountain battery of VII artillery battalion). Pioneer Company was formed from 2.satnija II.opkoparska bojna (2.company of 2.pioneer battalion). A military court was also formed on the Truppenübungsplatz. On April 1st, 1943, Major General Gustav Suschnig was appointed as the first commander of training grounds only to be relieved from this position in August 1943 due to lack of suitability.



















